I haven;t actually yet decided just what or who these Ogres are. Would I make them the second sentient race to occupy this world? But first, let’s ask some World Building questions to confirm some ideas I have in my head.
|Me||Is the [Human] race native to Mauba’na’?|
|Me||IS the [Nonhuman] race native to Mauba’na’?|
|ORACLE||Yes, but, with complications. A piece of gear has failed to work for either the hero or an NPC.|
|Me||Interest. Was this [Nonhuman] race once human?|
|Me||I’m going to interpret this as a race that had once been something else, but changed due to the failure of used artifact. What was the nature of this failure?|
|ORACLE||Treachery because of History and Duty then Coins.|
|Me||Interesting. What is the nature of their relationship with the World Creator?|
|ORACLE||Despair then Guilt. Innocence and Fear then Courage.|
|Me||What is the nature of the relationship between the native [Human] race and with the world creator?|
|ORACLE||Honor. Pride. Blindness and Seizure and Poison.|
|Me||Did the World Creator also create the races?|
|Me||Oh wow, that is a very interesting turn of events. Ok. Did the World Creator have anything to do with the Artifact?|
|ORACLE||No, but a fact the hero thinks they know is actually wrong.|
|Me||Oh wow, which means the Artifact and its use and consequent failure remains a mystery. Ok. Well, this settles it. The Ogres are the [Nonhuman] race of Mauba’na’.|
That said, some ideas I’d like for an [Ogre] race:
- A monstrous looking race. They have spines for hair.
- An enourmous race. They have six arms.
- An insectile race. Explains the six arms. Vestigial wings as secondary set of arms; used to hold equipment. Smaller, more dextrous tertiary arms beneath the primary ones, serve as communicative aids and fine-tool using arms. Tertiatry arms can’t hold weapons, Secondary arms can’t use weapons. Also, they grow carapace instead of skin, an exoskeleton instead of a skeleton. Still, the appearance is tempered somewhat with more homonid features. Almost like a six armed giant wearing powerarmor.
- An Arthurian Ogrish race, they are bearded and extremely magical.
- Carapace Color Spectrum: Red, Orange, Yellow. Red is Boss. Orange is Mage or Elite. Yellow is Minion. Some of it is dazzling, most of it is dull and basic.
- Ogre; No. Appear: 1d6 (2d6); Armor Class: 5; Attacks: 1 fist +4 or 1 weapon +4; Damage: 1d6 or by weapon; Move: 30’; Morale: 9; Hit Dice: 4; Skill Bonus: +2 Treasure: H3 (H4)
That’s enough for now. Next entry, we progress the plot.