1. The Freemasons are not a secret society. A Mason can freely tell people they are a Mason. They just can’t reveal the secrets of the order.
2. Our founding father and first president, George Washington, was a Freemason.
3. It’s estimated that there are six million Masons in the world today.
4. In the type of Freemasonry practiced in the U.S., members are required to believe in God, though the interpretation of this is left up to the individual member.
5. In the type of Freemasonry practiced in the U.S. (Anglo-American) female members are not allowed, whereas in the type practiced in Europe (Continental), women are generally allowed to be initiated.
6. Another difference between American and European lodges is that in the U.S. political discussion is banned, but allowed in other sects.
7. A Masonic “lodge” refers to the congregation of people who meet there, it’s not…
View original post 763 more words